We allow you to ditch that old Web Host of yours and join InterWeb SA.
Simply go to our Transfer Page and follow the steps:
Prepare Your Domain's For Transfer
1) Make sure you have access to the current registrar email contact – This is the email address that will be sent a verification link. It’s very important you have access to it to begin the transfer. You can query the Whois database to see what the registrant contact email address is if you’re not sure.
2) Disable the domain lock at your current registrar – All domain registrars such as GoDaddy place a lock on a domain to keep your domain secure. Before you can transfer it you need to login to the control panel of your current registrar and disable it. Ask their support team if you’re unsure.
3) Disable privacy protection at your current registrar – If you’ve enabled privacy protection at your domain registrar you need to disable it prior to initiating a transfer. Some web hosts such as BlueHost use the same email address for all domains with privacy protection. Meaning they’re going to get the transfer email; not you. Make sure to disable it!
4) Obtain your EPP / Authorization code for your domain – Most domains, especially top level domains such as .com, .net, and .org require an EPP / auth code before they can be transferred. Most domain registrars have these available right inside of their interface, most of the time in the same place as the registrar lock. Regardless your relationship with the company, they’re required to provide this to you. Ask their support team if you have trouble finding.
NB) .co.za Domains do not require an EPP/Auth Code, so don't worry to much about that.
Initiate The Domain Transfer
1) Navigate to our Domain Transfer Page
• Enter your domain name and EPP/Authorization code
• Add extras such as ID Protection/DNS management/ email forwarding if you wish
• Enter the name servers you wish to use (if using our web hosting find in your control panel)
• Place your order
Once your order is successfully placed you need to be on the lookout for the domain verification email. Sometimes this gets caught in your Spam folder so it’s VERY important to monitor it as well. You may even want to make sure to whitelist everything from @InterWebSA.com
When you get the transfer email, you need to open it up, and click the verification link inside. The domain transfer will only begin once this link has been clicked.
Congratulations! As long as you followed the above steps, your domain will be transferred within 2 – 3 business days depending on when your current domain registrar releases it.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our InterWeb SA support team - firstname.lastname@example.org